27 jan 2012

Flower Poem

The past week the weather was a bit better however i did not took my camera on the road but stayed inside to play with my pictures to see what I can do more with it. I wanted to try something different instead of color just for fun. And browsing on the internet I found this beautiful poem and just wanted to share it with you.If you like to see some of my animal portraits in black and white just take a look here.
Song of the Flower XXIII by Khalil Gibran
I am a kind word uttered and repeated 
By the voice of Nature; 
I am a star fallen from the 
Blue tent upon the green carpet. 
I am the daughter of the elements 
With whom Winter conceived; 
To whom Spring gave birth; I was 
Reared in the lap of Summer and I 
Slept in the bed of Autumn. 
At dawn I unite with the breeze 
To announce the coming of light; 
At eventide I join the birds 
In bidding the light farewell. 
The plains are decorated with 
My beautiful colors, and the air 
Is scented with my fragrance. 
As I embrace Slumber the eyes of 
Night watch over me, and as I 
Awaken I stare at the sun, which is 
The only eye of the day. 
I drink dew for wine, and hearken to 
The voices of the birds, and dance 
To the rhythmic swaying of the grass. 
I am the lover's gift; I am the wedding wreath; 
I am the memory of a moment of happiness; 
I am the last gift of the living to the dead; 
I am a part of joy and a part of sorrow. 
But I look up high to see only the light, 
And never look down to see my shadow. 
This is wisdom which man must learn.


 Have a nice weekend!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hoi Andrea,
    Mooi nostalgisch plaatje geworden. Leuk met die filmstrip langs de zijkant.
    Geweldig om telkens weer nieuwe ideeën in je opnames te zien. Prima gedaan!!

    Groetjes, Marco

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Andrea
    Bijzonder, zoals altijd. De dierenfoto's in zwart-wit , een leuk idee en net weer even anders! Mooi!
    groetjes Albertine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...